Friday, February 16, 2007

Farewell, Pivot City!!

Okay, in less the 48 hours I'm going to be living in Melbourne with a bunch of people I've never met in a room that may or may not come with a washbasin (as outlined in a letter from the College).

So today, I got a lot of the final stuff done. I've packed almost all my clothes. I've cleaned my guinea pig's hutch for the last time (I'm really going to miss her). I've archived over 37 hours of music to take with me. I walked the dog one last time. It's suprised me how difficult it was to do these things.

More importantly, I had my last try at finishing off the quarter of a bottle of vodka left that my parents don't want me to travel with.

Actually, the reason packing was so difficult came down to the rest of the family wanting to help. Wanting to help meant "trying to make you look respectable"- my torn jeans, graffited singlet, red woollen fingerless mittons, tweed trenchcoat etc are all staying home (I'll come back for them).

It seems the holidays are over. They've been pretty good. I had minor surgery, got to interview some pretty cool bands, played prog metal with friends, got a tie in chess (I normally lose), helped my grandfather put up walls, failed to get a job, read more horror stories than is healthy for you & had all my dreams come true at once in terms of where I'm going & what I'm about to do.

So why am I worried? Not sure. I just know I'm a tad freaked out.

Anyway, I did write a Valentine's Day post- it was terrible & no, you may not read it. However, I hope you'll all had a wonderful day, even if that meant crying in your pillow till you felt better.

Keep you posted how things work out at Melbourne Uni.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Minor surgery!? When did that happen!?

All the best at Melb Uni! Tell me how's it like :D